Saturday 15 June 2013

Kodaline - In a Perfect World



So it's been a long time coming, delayed for months, then weeks, then days and finally Kodaline's debut album 'In a Perfect World' is upon us. Personally I've been looking forward to this for an age. I just wanted to hear more and more from the band and with every new EP/Single release it gave me the 'fix' I craved.

So now I have it in my hands (figuratively) and I've listened to it through a couple of times. The question on everyones lips is, Was it worth the wait?...... Definitely

I hadn't seen so much hype in a band before they'd even had an album out and I guess that's why getting this release as fine-tuned as possible in their eyes was a good reason for the delays. 

So, the album (track listing below) starts off with the lovely (yeah lovely!) 'One Day'. Continues then with 3 songs that have flooded the airwaves in recent months in 'All I Want', 'Love Like This' and 'High Hopes'. The album just flows wonderfully. The songs I'd not heard previously live up to everything previous. The album is clean cut and perfectly produced. 

Having constantly listened to the EP's it would be hard to pick a best track on the album, so I will choose one from those I'd not heard before. So the stand out for me would be 'Pray'. Strong drums, great vocals. What's not to like.

The long and short of it is, do Kodaline have their own unique sound? Yes and No. But just because they don't completely, doesn't take away from how good the album is. We all draw different influences in things we do in life and songwriters are no different. You'll get the subtle hints of Coldplay or Snow Patrol, or the not so subtle hints of Mumford and Sons (Love Like This). But all those mentioned sound like someone else in their own way and them like some other and so on.....

Should you get this album, a massive yes. If you're not sure you can listen to it online first before making your decision but you will not be disappointed. It's a feel good lovey rock summer record. 

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think on Twitter / Facebook

9/10

Pat
IM Blog



Track Listing 
1. One Day
2. All I Want
3. Love Like This
4. High Hopes
5. Brand New Day
6. After The Fall
7. Big Bad World
8. All Comes Down
9. Talk
10. Pray
11. Way Back When

No comments:

Post a Comment