Thursday 13 June 2013

Album in the Car......3

Unfortunately it's been nearly 2 weeks since I last did an 'Album in the Car' post. Mainly because I wasn't working and was barely in the car. So, having been back this week I went through the collection and picked this.


Fionn Regan - The End of History (2006). 

Fionn Regan is an Folk songwriter from Bray, Co Wicklow. I remember when this album first came out and really disliking 'Penny in the slot' when I first heard it on the radio. I've no particular reason why I did but for some reason it stuck in my head. Heard it a few times more and found myself singing along to eventually really liking it and wanting to hear more from him.

So I bought the album and the rest is history as they say. The album opens with the brilliant - and my now favourite track from the album -  'Be Good or Be Gone' and continues in the same vein. But strangely unlike a lot of other folk artists he manages to make each and every song original, each it's own uniqueness, made especially difficult because of his distinctive voice.

There are 11 great songs on this album, of 13 songs (keep your ear out for the fantastic 'Campaign Button', which is a hidden track at the end of the album).

Another recommended listen.

Feel free to comment and share.

Pat 
IM Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment