Thursday 27 June 2013

Little Green Cars - Absolute Zero

I've started writing this as I listen to 'Absolute Zero' for the second time. I must have been in a hole somewhere not to have heard of these before the last couple of weeks. Well, I had heard 'The John Wayne' but nothing else.

I'm really impressed with this album. It reminds me a little of Arcade Fire without all the bullshit. Straight forward great music without the hidden meaning. 

From Faye O'Rourke's amazing vocals on 'Please', to the very weird sound of 'Red and Blue', to the fantastic harmonies of 'The Consequences of Not Sleeping', this album has everything. 

Stevie's calming quivering vocals set alight songs like the opener 'Harper Lee' and the album closer 'Goodbye Blue Monday'.  I've never been sold on bands with more than one vocalist. But O'Rourke and Appleby seem to have this down to a tee. The song to listen out for is 'The Kitchen Floor'. It is sublime. 

Absolute Zero is available from iTunes and their official Store 

7/10

Thanks for reading. Leave Comment below or @illusionalmusic
Pat 
IM Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment